Wednesday, December 14, 2011


Gracious God our Father,
You chose us before the foundations of the world to be holy and without fault in you. And because you love us, you forgive and forget all our flaws and failures and view us as blameless when we return your love by obeying you. You have promised to give us whatever we ask for in Jesus’ name.
With all that in mind, I ask you to bless my friend today. If my friend is tired, please fill him / her with your energy. If my friend is ill, heal him / her. If my friend is depressed, lift his / her head with hope.
Let my friend feel your love in a word from a friend, the smile of a stranger and  the colors of the sky. Help him / her believe that you watch every step, hear every thought and care about every detail of his / her life – because you do. And we thank you. In Jesus’ name we pray, amen.
Supporting verses:
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him.” Ephesians 1:3, 4
“Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.” John 14:13, 14
“But you, O LORD, are a shield about me, my glory and the lifter of my head. I cried aloud to the LORD, and he answered me from his holy hill.” Psalm 3:3, 4

No comments:

Post a Comment