Sovereign God, Creator of the Universe and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
We cry out to you against the evils of cancer, injury and illness! It seems as though so many we love are struggling against that those things right now. We don’t understand why and we know we don’t have to understand why. We believe you have a purpose for everyone who loves you even if we don’t know that purpose. We are confident you work all things out for good for those you have called for your purposes – those who choose to belong to you. We know you will help our beloved friends and family.
- Knowing that making our bodies whole is a simple thing for you, we ask you to heal our friends
- Provide for their financial needs.
- Help them choose to draw close to you so they can live in that place where you wrap them with peace that though illogical, feels warm and relaxing. That protected place where you can calm them and banish all fear. Soothe them so they can rest and sleep peacefully.
- Minimize pain and the uncomfortable symptoms that often come with treatments.
- Allow our friends joy in the midst of this affliction.
- Shower them with ineffable spiritual blessings.
- Glorify your name through their suffering.
We thank you that you grant us the right to boldly approach your throne to request these gifts because of the work Jesus did on the cross. And we believe you will answer our prayer because we ask in your Son Jesus’ name. Amen.
Supporting verses: ESV
“But for this purpose I have raised you up, to show you my power, so that my name may be proclaimed in all the earth.” Exodus. 9:16
“O Lord my God, I cried to you for help and you have healed me.” Psalm 30:2
“And great crowds gathered to hear him (Jesus) and to be healed of their infirmities.” Luke 5:15 b
“Draw near to God and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts you double-minded.” James 4:8
“In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith – more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.” 1Peter 1:6 – 8
“Let me hear joy and gladness. Let the bones you have broken rejoice.” Psalm 51:8
“Those who sew in tears shall reap with shouts of joy!” Psalm 126:5