Wednesday, February 8, 2012

O LORD!
Help me! I’m feeling frightened and desperate today. I want answers. I need hope. I need more faith. I know you promised that if I ask, you’ll answer.
Period.
You promised! And I'm asking.
And you will do what’s best for me and my loved ones.
I know your Holy Spirit prays for me when I don’t know how. I need you to pray for me today, Jesus. I long for your ineffable groanings to rise to the Father on my behalf, requesting what I don’t know how to ask.
Help me believe the Truth that
  •         You are working and answering even when things look bleak.  Even when I can’t see it.
  •         You love me even when I don’t feel your love.
  •         You never leave me.
  •         I can trust you completely.
Help me rest in you, knowing you are there. Believing you are answering. I will wait for you in Jesus name. Amen.
Supporting verses: from the ESV version of the Bible
“The apostles said to the Lord, ‘Increase our faith!’ And the Lord said, ‘If you had faith like a grain of mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you’”Luke 17:5,6
“Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name I will do it.” John 14:13,14
“Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. . . For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be ale to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:26 - 28,38
“For thus said the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel, ‘In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in trust shall be your strength.” Isaiah 30:15
“But I  have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child is my soul within me.” Psalm 131:2

1 comment:

  1. Loved this prayer, Jeannie, as I'm pushing to finish my book today!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete