Wednesday, March 7, 2012

O God of Heaven and Father of Jesus Christ, 
 We praise you for your love and faithfulness – your unfathomable love that follows us wherever we go. But though down deep we believe you haven’t stopped loving us and you will fulfill your purpose for us, we fight fear when so many things seem to be going wrong. And right now the entire earth seems to be in turmoil
Please keep us from fear today.
Open our eyes to see the ways you are working through the disasters wrapping around the globe and difficulties in our own lives. Help us stop worrying -- because we know we are still safely in your hand and you will fulfill your purpose in our lives. Give us a fresh sense that it isn’t all about us, it’s about you. And we are part of your plan. Help us follow and obey you with joy, Lord, as we return your love. We ask this in Jesus’ name, amen.

Supporting verses:
Open my eyes that I may behold wondrous things out of your law.” Psalm 119:18
“The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O LORD, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands.” Psalm 138: 8
“If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there! If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost part of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me. If I say, ‘Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light about me be night,’ even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you.” Psalm 139: 8 –12
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the LORD, ‘My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” Psalm 91: 1, 2

No comments:

Post a Comment