Wednesday, January 18, 2012


Father God, our Abba Daddy,
Teach us today that you truly are our heavenly Daddy and you love to supply our needs and give us the desires of our hearts. Just as we take pleasure in caring for our children and giving special gifts to loved ones, you enjoy caring for and giving to us. We aren’t bothering you when we ask for things for ourselves.
You want us to ask.
Over and over in the scriptures you urge us to ask you to supply physical, spiritual and relational needs, promising that if those requests fit in with your will and honor Jesus’ name, you will grant all of them. 
So as we go about our day today please remind us to ask you for help instead of
worrying. And help us not feel selfish or guilty for asking, because the answers you send will not only help us but glorify you. Thank you Father that we can pray directly to you in the name of your Son Jesus, amen.

Supporting verses:
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. . . . If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!” Matthew 7:7, 8, 11  
Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.” John 14:13, 14
If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.” John 15:7,8
“ . . .  so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.” John 15:16b
Truly, truly, I say to you, whatever you ask of the Father in my name, he will give it to you.” John 16:23 b
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made knows to God.” Philippians 4:6
In that day you will ask in my name, and I do not say to you that I will ask the Father on your behalf; for the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.” John 16:26,27

No comments:

Post a Comment