Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Reading this prayer may make it easier to accept responsibility for wrong actions. Taken from Wellspring Ministries and adapted by Barbara Martin, this prayer guides you as you repent and ask for forgiveness. 


Father in Heaven, in Jesus’ name, I purpose and choose to confess that I sinned against you when I chose to participate in ____________(name the sin, this can be an attitude sin also). I acknowledge my responsibility and repent for the sin of ___________.
I ask your forgiveness and I forgive myself for this sin. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, God come in the flesh, and by the power of his shed blood on the cross of Calvary, I cancel all of Satan’s power and authority over me and all spiritual assignments against me. I command all tormenting and unclean spirits to leave me now and never return and I release myself from any curse or effects of this sin.
Holy Spirit, please cleanse my conscience, heal my heart, renew my mind and show me your truth in Jesus’ name. Amen.


Supporting verses:
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” Romans 3: 23
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:8,9

No comments:

Post a Comment